The Prague Public Transit Company, a joint-stock company, provides sightseeing tours on trams – not just historic but also T3 Měsíček or T3 Coupé sightseeing vehicles – throughout the entire year. Those who are interested in riding can choose the route, the length of the duration of the tour and also the places of boarding and exiting. A ride in the tram can be livened up with refreshments, a musical accompaniment and guide services that we organise through external providers of these services.
The price of the ride is charged for each hour started from the time when the tram leaves the Střešovice Depot, Prague 6 – Patočkova 4 until its arrival back to the depot. The inception of the ride can be chosen from anywhere within the entire electric railways network. The best option, however, is to begin and end the ride at the Střešovice Depot, where your bus can be parked during the event.
A tour of the Public Transport Museum can be a suitable accompaniment to your trip. The museum features a unique collection of artefacts related the history of public transport in the Capital City of the Czech Republic. A permanent exhibition of the “Museum of Public Transport in Prague” was opened in May 1993 by the Prague Public Transit Company, a joint-stock company. It displays more than forty historical vehicles to the public and many other exhibits such as models, photographs, historical documents, tickets, maps, etc.
Which route to choose?
If you want to see the historical sights of Prague, we recommend taking a ride along the following route: vozovna Střešovice (the depot), Hradčanská, Strossmayerovo náměstí, Náměstí Republiky, Národní divadlo, Staroměstská, Malostranská, Pražský hrad, Brusnice again terminating at the Střešovice Depot. The cost of the journey along this route corresponds to the cost of a ride of one hour.
In the Střešovice Depot we also offer rental of the space that houses the Public Transport Museum and the Depot Hall. The interior of the hall can be adjusted and turned into an attractive space for hosting not only social, corporate and similar events, but also concerts too. The historical trams greatly contribute to the unusual atmosphere of this space. The hall can seat up to 800 people. For smaller events of not more than approximately 80 people it is also possible to use the premises of the Public Transport Museum.
Tel.: 296 193 329
The Price List of Tram Rides
The total prices must be paid in full prior to the commencement of the ride. On public holidays we charge a premium in the amount of 10 %.
Prices might change yearly pelase contact the company for exact prices
|Type of vehicle||Price including VAT 21%||Rental period and seating capacity|
|A historic tram||4,700 CZK||1 hour (cca. 24 passengers)|
|A historic tram and a towed tramcar||6,700 CZK||1 hour (cca. 60 passengers)|
|A historic tram and 2 towed tramcars||8,700 CZK||1 hour (cca. 60 passengers)|
|The T1 tramcar (from the year 1951)||4,700 CZK||1 hour (cca. 26 passengers)|
|The T3 tramcar||3,500 CZK||1 hour (cca. 24 passengers)|
|The T3 Měsíček sightseeing railcar||4,500 CZK||1 hour (cca. 50 passengers)|
|The T3 Coupé sightseeing railcar||7,700 CZK||1 hour (cca. 31 passengers)|
If you are interested in riding a historic tram, please fill in the order form using Excel and send it to the above contact information.
Please send the order at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of your journey. Your order becomes binding at the time of its sending. If you are interested in several journeys (even within one day), it is necessary to complete and submit the form for each ride separately.
The rental prices for the Hall No. 4
- Hall No. 4 with a capacity of 800 people: the price per day is CZK 60,500 exclusive of VAT + energy costs, staffing, etc.
- Renting the premises of the Public Transit Museum as part of an event: the price is CZK 15,000 exclusive of VAT
- Renting a room for catering purposes: CZK 3,000 exclusive of VAT
- The installation of historic trams in the hall as part of the decoration: CZK 2,500 exclusive of VAT
In the event of your serious interest in renting hall No. 4, please fill in the form and send it to the above mentioned contact. Please send your request no later than 30 days prior to the commencement of the event.
- Refreshments – The current price lists of the providers of these services can be mailed on request. In the event of the own provision of the refreshment the total price of the ride will be increased by 25%.
- Prague Professional Photographer we can help about it
- Musical performance – From external suppliers it is possible to provide performances of music by an accordionist for CZK 1200 inclusive of VAT and by a jazz band for the price of CZK 4,840 inclusive of VAT.
- Guide services – From external suppliers it is possible to provide guide services (also in foreign languages) for CZK 2,000 per hour inclusive of VAT.